This is not a blog post. It might look like one, but it is not. It is a brand new thing that I’ve created: a notification. It is only sent to those who subscribe to my blog, and it doesn’t show up on the normal blog either. I will send out notifications if I have something important to say or ask for that doesn’t warrant a blog post. It’s sent to you because you’ve subscribed, and therefore I hope you are interested in it.
This first notification is a selfish one. I am hoping to promote The Modern Nomad by running for the 2012 Bloggies Award. If you can spare 5 minutes to nominate my blog for the competition, then I would be eternally grateful.
The procedure is very simple.
- Go to http://2012.bloggi.es
- Nominate The Modern Nomad for the Travel, Designed, Humorous Writing, Secret, New & Weblog of the Year categories.
- Nominate two other blogs of your choice, preferably in other categories.
- Click the button saying you’d like the chance to be on the panel of voters for the finalists.
- Enter your e-mail and submit the form.
That’s it. The nomination period is open until January 15.
For those of my readers with a keen moral sense, don’t worry. I e-mailed the people behind the bloggies and they assured me that it was OK to ask my readers for help like this.
Many many thanks for your help! It is hard to get traction as a new blog, and I hope that the publicity of the bloggies will help.